Saturday, August 30, 2008

Part II - Conquered!

Ok, today I completed part 2 of my first wedding photography job. I was a total idiot and was a tiny bit late because I could not, for the life of me, find a parking spot! The Trax ticket machines were not working so I had to drive to the SL temple. And on a Saturday evening, no less. So, Heavenly Father intervened and got me a spot and it was wonderful and the pictures were wonderful and I didn't do anything stupid, so I'd say it was a productive evening, as well as a learning experience. (Always leave a half hour before the half hour early that was originall planned.) But anyway, I was not really late because the bride and groom had just come out, but still. Heavens. So I'm going to post a couple pics - not of the wedding itself because I haven't looked at them yet, (Just did it earlier this evening) but I will put up a couple of the open house last week, because I like them.

These were some of my favorites - I love candids! I mentioned this to someone before, but I loved the power that came from having a camera in my hand! People would see me coming and would either pose, or go about their business so I could get my candid shots. Only a couple people ran away or tried to hide. But I feel very authorative when I have a special purpose for taking pictures - it's totally awesome and lets me do what I want to do. So it was a good day. All that's left is the reception in Saint George in a few weeks. Wish me luck. :D

1 comment:

Chet and Stephanie said...

Oh Heather they Look good!!