Monday, August 18, 2008

Ode to a Monday

More like a dirge, actually. To quote a comic I remember from my childhood: "Whoever invented Mondays should be dragged into the street and shot."
Well, sorry, but that would be the guy upstairs, and I daresay He can't be shot. So the creation of the Earth began on a Monday, I guess they can't all be bad. :D

Lucky me, I'm covering for the other note person today, and by the looks of it, since I'm here, posting, I still have extra time to waste! This is very amazing to me. Granted, this is a slow period and things will speed up soon, but heavens! Being bored sure gets boring quickly. :D A buddy told me to read books online, something I have been trying to do but couldn't find a decent website. Google books, apparently, is where I want to go. Or something like that. After I do a bit of real work I'll check it out. That way I can read while doing nothing, and yet, still look like I'm doing something! Cool beans.

Yes, I realize it's the beginning of a new week and I haven't put up a new photograph. Too bad. I might put one of the SL Temple up later today; we'll see. I was there Saturday mostly to take sample pictures of good wedding photo spots, so I wasn't focusing too hard on photos for my personal arsenal. I could pull out an old one, perhaps. I'm itching to do some glamour shots or something though. I need to hold another photo shoot.

I dyed my hair over the weekend. I am now a brilliant brunette. It's pretty cool - now my hair matches my eyebrows, haha. If I ever get around to taking pictures (or having someone else take pictures) of me, (har har) I'll put one up and you can all see (those of you who don't see me regularly).

Hahahahahahahaha!
OK.
This guy who lurks somewhere in my building (I don't know where) just sent out an email to EVERYONE in the company, (branches and all) and guess what the email is about? Grammar. Yep. He apparently won some sort of award somewhere that tells him he's smart and he is now going to be sending out emails to all of us to help us (or rather, those of us who need help) with the spelling, grammar, structure and whatnot of our emails. In a way, I'm very very glad, because heaven knows there are people who work here who couldn't spell to save their lives, but then again, it all seems kind of silly. However, I think I'm mostly just amused. It's kind of fun. And yet, disturbingly sad...

P.S. today's "lesson" is on affect vs. effect. Oooooooer.

Woot I finally locked in a date with the busiest man on earth! I told him he'd have to make time for me or else I'd be convinced that I'm ugly and unfit for human socializing and will live out the rest of my days in a cave somewhere. (I don't think he believed me :D) But he said he was actually planning to ask me to do something this weekend. I don't know how true that is, but whatever.

There's something unidentifiable floating in my cup of water. (I've misplaced my bottle, else I wouldn't have this problem. : ( sadness)

Lurve.

2 comments:

kyle said...

Heather, your posts always make me happy. I love the way you write.

So, what about plans to live on a mountain somewhere as Queen of the Forest (or some title like that... I just remember it was really, really, really long and fun)? A cave?

If I had a car (and infinite money for gas, which always has to be accounted for nowadays), I'd gladly be your portrait photographer. Alas, no such things exist and thus I am too far away for such pleasantries.

It sounds to me like your Monday wasn't that bad. I think you should really write an "Ode to Monday" sometime, by the way.

kyle said...

Oh no! I forgot to add something. I've never used the Google thing before, but have used literaturepage.com to read stuff online. You could try that. It looks like it hasn't been updated in a while, but there are some books there.