Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kokomo



I finished reading Pride & Prejudice yesterday. I spent a whole 5 days reading it. I'm sad now, and need a new book to read. I'm thinking maybe the Grapes of Wrath or A Wrinkle In Time, or something like that. There are way too many awesome books that I have never had the opportunity to read - and some that I HAVE had the opportunity to read, but sadly didn't take it up.

So there's this branch that will send me the note manifest (a piece of paper showing all the notes they have sent in their UPS package and their contents) in hard copy form, (which is how it's supposed to be done) but then they also fax it to me. All I ask is, "What's the point, for heaven's sake!" Maybe they think the manifest will be lost somehow in between them and me, I don't know, or maybe they are bored at their jobs like me, and fax it just ot have something to do. We'll probably never know. Another weird thing...another branch will send my notes in the UPS packages their files go in, (Which they are not supposed to do, but many branches think they are far too superior to be descending to the level of people who follow RULES) so the shipping supervisor brings them to me when she has located them, and there is always a loverly little post-it note on them, which reads as follows:

NOTE CUSTODIAN

NOTE CUSTODIAN

*EDIT* Look, I got another one today! I decided to take a picture for your enjoyment. :D



Notice anything strange? Yeah, I can't figure out why they put "NOTE CUSTODIAN" on it twice, either. It's handwritten, so someone had to write it, which means someone wrote it twice, which means someone is undeniably strange. Maybe they think I don't know who I am or what my job title is, so they make double sure the note gets where it needs to be, since they aren't sending it to the correct recipient in the first place! Oh, to not be surrounded by dopes! Okay, okay, I have another one. Same branch as the first one I mentioned: when something is missing, she will call to ask me to check if it's in the file, etc. etc. Then she will call one, sometimes two more people to ask the same thing, so whoever finds it first, the others will be like, "No, we can't find it, sorry." and the person from the branch will say, "But so-and-so found it for me." then the person who found it will go to the other(s) showing that she found it for us, since ******* asked her to get it, and the rest of us will, somewhat angrily (from the wasting of our time), think to ourselves, "Why did she ask us to look for it, then?" Heavens! There are many more interesting people I have worked with, like the closer from Orlando who sent me a chocolate ear inside the folder of one of the notes on Halloween, the other closer from Dallas who sent me two DVDs for my birthday (yowza), the branch manager who says "Arizona is nice because it's a DRY heat!", or the people in my own office who will never cease to amaze me in some way or another. I'm really very glad my work life is not so dull. Slow and boring at times, but never dull.

I have my follow-up eye appointment today. Hopefully the silly doctor will notice that my eyes have gotten worse and it's not just a swelling of the cornea, unless, of course, my corneas have been swollen for....a year. :D Besides, I have been seeing spots more and more, and that's probably a bad thing. I guess I just want him to tell me that I need surgery, because I know I need it since my eyes get worse every time I go to the doctor, but I don't know if I will ever actually do it unless I am told that I have to. Surgeries frighten me.

I also need a new bed. My futon hurts my back, and I feel it every morning. This particular morning, I could feel the springs in several different places, and I was not comfortable. I'm going to get a tempur-pedic bed thingy. F'sho! Why are matresses so expensive? They are metal, stuffing and fabric. Is it a difficult-to-find fabric? Are they a pain to make? Many times they are more expensive than the bed you buy them for! I'm definitely going to research this.

Oh, some of you might be wondering why the title of this post is called "Kokomo". I'll enlighten you: I tried to think, but came up with nothing, so in absence of a clever and related title for this post, I simply chose to put in the title of the song I happened to be listening to, to save me some time and effort. It worked. And now I even made it relevant.

1 comment:

kyle said...

"Okay, okay, I have another one." :D

Arizona is a dry heat, which I like... I think. I haven't really spent time there in the last couple years, so I've gotten used to the Utah not-quite-as-dry-as-AZ-but-still-quite-dry heat. But, being from the West I can say that I am much more used to this kind of dry heat than the humidity of the East. Spending a couple weeks in IL this summer gave me a taste of it, and I did start to get used to it, but it was nice to come back to the weather/lack-of-humidity I was used to.