Friday, August 1, 2008

Musings

First off, the funeral for Lucas was absolutely beautiful. I'm going to miss him terribly, but I'm so glad his battle is over and he's in the safety of Heavenly Father's arms. :)

So BYU has a language program that sounds interesting. I just might end up going there after all. Now I just need to find a job that will pay for my schooling. :D haha! I have been looking for houses/apartments down there though; I'm getting pretty excited, we'll see what happens.

(Gah, I have eaten so many tootsie rolls today, and it's only noon.)

So, I wish to express my confusion concerning the male mind. I will never understand it. There's this guy at work who I would flirt with at the printer and who I was told was interested in me, so one day I tell him how awesome his shirt is, and he hasn't talked to me since. ..... Hello? what does that mean? I don't get it. Good thing I lost interest in him or else I might go crazy overthinking it and wondering what was so blatantly obvious about his shirt that was so terribly wrong I should have noticed and never commented on it in the first place or something. O_o I could go on for days on the subject of male minds, but it hurts thinking about it.

I start guitar lessons this coming Thursday. I haven't taken lessons since high school - a friend of the family is teaching me in exchange for violin lessons. How utterly terrifying. I haven't played violin much since I graduated high school, and even then, I switched to guitar and bass my senior year, only playing violin for the musical. Needless to say, I don't have much confidence in the teaching area. Though I did ok teaching two of my siblings, they are younger. I don't know how to teach adults. We will see what happens I guess; I just hope I don't teach something entirely incorrect. I don't want to be responsible for corrupting someone. yikes. How does Chelsea do it? Teach, I mean. She is a brave soul. I think the reason I am not so interested in violin much anymore is mainly because of the music I am given. I feel so good when I pick it up and play, but I get bored with classical repertoire, and I just give up. I need to find some truly awesome music - then hopefully I'll get into it again.

(One more tootsie roll)

August already! I am photographing a wedding at the end of the month, -scary!-but I think I will do pretty well. I'm going to have to go to the Salt Lake temple and scout out some photo-worthy spots soon. I'm excited to use the eternity pool thingy. Is that what it's called? Anyway, I think it will be fun, but I have to get my mean on - I'm going to have to fight all sorts of other couples getting married for the good picture places. Someone in my parents' ward used to do portraits, so he has some equipment for me to use. Yay, saved! I'm so relieved; I was very unprepared for this job. Well...I still am. No worries though, I'm pretty good at winging it and making it look like I know what I'm doing. :D

I was discussing my future wedding with my mother yesterday, (Don't worry, I will still probably end up a hermit, though I can now admit that I don't really want to.) and we decided that an excellent first dance would be "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard, one of the greatest bands to grace the earth. Yes yes that's right, I am totally having a rock and roll wedding. Big sunglasses, leather, dark red and grey everything, guitars, and lots and lots of loud music. It will pretty much be the best wedding ever. Now for a man... haha

I better get back to work. :) Lurve

No comments: