Thursday, August 21, 2008

All Hail the Freeloader Fork

That's part of my birthday gift to my friend. (I don't think he blogs, so I'm safe to post what I got him.) Behold! (were you somehow able to see it) The Freeloader Fork! Made of the finest in sterling silvers, the handle extends up to 2 feet, enabling its user the utmost ease in carefully and delicately relieving food from his company's plates from a safe and comfortable distance. It can also be used as a backscratcher, or a pointer thingy for boring office meetings. I'm sure many more uses are to be discovered, but that's all they put on the back of the box. I also got him other, more conservative gifts to be thoughtful. And then a can of ravioli. :D I'm quite excited.

Speaking of stealing food, I pilfered some chocolate from the final docs department. Shh! Don't tell.

So I found a website where I can read books online. I began Pride & Prejudice yesterday, and I've read about 18 chapters. I wish that I could boast about so great an accomplishment in such a short time, and while working, nonetheless, but I don't believe the chapters are very long. :D Pity. It's a very agreeable book, and yes, reading it has made me feel like I have a certain air about me, and that I should grace everyone in my company with my accomplished speech and use of distinguished vocabulary. Haha. I should have just been born back then, I suppose - being surrounded by men in breeches would easily put me in a constant state of enraptured stupidity. Sounds like bliss, don't you agree?

By the way, thank you all for commenting on my posts - It makes me glad to see that you enjoy reading into my life, as uninteresting as it is. :D

GAH! I've lost my contact lens somewhere in my eye!

No comments: