Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Warm Welcome

I finally got to go back to my own ward today. :) I missed them. And so, during the mingle, a bunch of us were sitting together, talking about stuff. Naturally. The conversation turned to names, because there were two of us Heathers there at the table. I started talking about how a heather is a flower that doesn't exactly smell the best. So everyone started putting their two cents in, of course, about me being smelly. "At least Heathers are pretty!" someone mentioned. So then another friend suggested making me business cards that simpy said: "Heather. Stinky but pretty." Then that thought spread to other things like t-shirts, and now I will be forever known as the stinky but pretty one. Hahaha. It could be worse. But that conversation went on a lot longer than I would have imagined, and I have a feeling that it won't end for a while, especially since others kept coming to our table, no doubt wondering what the commotion was, and now half the ward is probably "in on it". I then proceeded to inquire of my other friends, asking if I smelled bad. I got mostly weird looks.


Aside from that, here is my very first photograph that I'm going to be putting up here. It's one that I actually took at a family party of my little sister showing me the candy she got. I don't know why, but I really like it. I decided to play in photoshop so I desaturated everything but the candy. I think it's rather fun. :D Let me know what you think.
And! I have a hot date this week. :D

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cool Blog! I am sure that the whole ward doesn't know anything about it. You smell just fine to me. :) It was good seeing you in church. I will see you next week. Love the pick by the way. :) Sparkle Sparkle :0

kyle said...

Nice picture, I really like the framing! And how the candy is focused on with both color and ... focus (sharpness?). Good job!