Monday, September 29, 2008

According To Plan

Today, my coworker came in on this beautiful Monday morning to find his stapler mercilessly encased in a tomb of strawberry and cherry jell-o. (Long live Jim Halpert!) I'm still trying to decide if he's really upset or not. It's all deliciously funny. Quite worth all the labor I put into it. Wait - I hardly put any labor into it. And that makes it all the better. :D

One setback, however: When I put the jell-o on his desk, I couldn't find the decoy stapler that I used to replace his stapler. I couldn't sit there forever looking for it, so I just left without the decoy. So when he saw the jell-o, I heard him say: "This isn't even my stapler! Mine's right here!" (Holding up his stapler from wherever he had it hidden - I was a bit angry.) But then it got much more hilarious when I heard another member of accounting say, "That's MY stapler!" (Because the decoy WAS, in fact, his stapler that we had stolen for that very purpose.) Bwahaha.

Second setback: The victim was convinced that it was my cubicle neighbor (and one of the two other people who knew about all this) who was the culprit, so he put the jell-o on his desk as "revenge". Now people are thinking that the prank is on my neighbor. (He doesn't have a stapler, so they think it's his in the jello. Well...his is with the other coworker - the one who we stole the stapler from as the decoy. Hahaha it's absolutely beautiful.) This is a problem because my neighbor will wonder why the jell-o is on his desk and might rat me out, so I have to catch him when he comes in and tell him that our target switched the jell-o. *Sigh* Why can't things just go according to plan?

So, I'm going to try to get a picture of the jello-ed stapler to post here, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. I didn't have time before I set it up. Ah well.

On a less-hilarious side note, I have my examination today, and it's not going to be fun because I have to drink, hmmm...what did they say? a million gallons of water for it to be effective. Waaauuuugh I'm gonna die. :(

Sadly, I will not be able to get a picture because the jell-o has been disposed of. :( It was quite a funny ordeal, though. I'm very pleased, and quite satisfied for now. However, there is someone (who found out it was me) that wants to be in on the next one. Oh, there will be a next one.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is AWESOME!

kyle said...

Nice! I am sad, though, that a picture was not possible =(

Emily said...

Whaatttt?!
You didn't get a picture before you took it to work?! Why not?
I even thought of telling you to do that. Drat.
Hahaha next do the nickels in his phone! Pleasepleasepleaseplease! And do the staring at his forehead one too, like we were supposed to do to Brandon at the reception, but you conveniently had to be in Saint George...
Gosh, you ruin everything.

Ry and Heather said...

OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE THE OFFICE!! I like this story!