Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Morn of the Peace-Bagels

So today is awesome. Why? Because I put all the men in accounting to shame. I believe I mentioned how I was dragged into a betting spree on the college football games, and recently again with the NFL games. The results of the first NFL week are in, and I totally won. There was one game left - Dallas vs. Philadelphia, and I was tied with two other guys for 1st, so we bet on the score total. My guess was 45, so I totally kicked trash. At the beginning, everyone bet 10 cents so that when someone won, they could get a soda or something from the break room machines. I got the money and was going to buy a bagel from Smith's, but I ended up buying a bagel for everyone, since all the guys were a little disappointed that I won. See, the thing is, I don't watch football. I don't know much about it. I based my first bets on whose mascots I liked the best. :D The second time around, however, I used my head, looked at scores, and based my choices off teams that were doing well this season. Cha-ching! Success! But anyway, I made my peace offering of bagels, and now they all say that I should win more often. Har har har.

My younger sister got her cello yesterday and I am so jealous! But we are going to be learning together. (she will tell me what she learns in school and I will show her what I find out for myself) What a team! We will be unstoppable!

Speaking of instruments, I am having a difficult time writing this violin accompanyment. I have to ask a few questions about his guitar part - I have a hard time following it sometimes, so that makes it hard to make smooth transitions in places. If anyone has any advice, I'd be happy to hear it. It's really a very beautiful song, I'm so excited to be able to have some part in it. I hope I don't screw it up. XP

So I have another idea of what I want to do. I found a program at the U that teaches Greek (Classical and modern) AND Latin! Bonus! That's like 3 languages! Plus you study the culture, literature, religion, etc. Sha-wing! So I was looking at that, but then I found out that BYU has practically the same program, but their tuition is a little bit cheaper. UVU has nothing. Haha bummer. So I know I keep changing my mind; I'm just a loser, that's all. :D

No comments: