Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happiness Is

I have this nasty habit of copying things that other people do in their blogs. Especially Lindsay, but I suspect that is because we have similar brains. O_o Scary. So I took this from her blog - she made a list of the things that make her happy, and I'd like to do the same, since sometimes I need a reminder that it's not always the big things that make us feel good, but the little things that make us realize we make our own happiness. (Wise words indeed, Lindsay :D)
So here's what I came up with:

-Getting invited places
-Late-night gospel discussions with my family
-Toe rings
-Getting caught in rainstorms (Not just looking at the rain - getting caught in it somewhere where there's no one to tell you "Come inside or you'll catch cold!"
-Being complimented
-Receiving a letter (Not an email....a letter. They are more personal, and it shows that someone was willing to take time for you)
-True Gentlemen
-Creating something - art, poetry, music, food - anything
-Running over soda bottles/cans with my car
-Dressing nice when I don't have to
-Contributing to a good cause
-Riding my bike
-Photographing the perfect moment
-Having someone play with my hair
-Learning
-New socks
-Silly holidays
-Babies that like me
-Mr. Darcy
-Modest, stylish clothing
-Being able to eat what I want
-My Patriarchal blessing
-Really awesome scars
-Music - the poetry of the air!
-80s movies
-Exotic plants
-The work of Richard Avedon and Joyce Tenneson
-Neat Statues
-Winning things
-Lingerie
-Motorcycles
-Yard sales
-Furniture shopping
-German shepherds
-The moles on my eyebrow, arm, back, and little toe

So those are some of the things I could come up with. I think I have a pretty solid list. And I just want to say that I've had lots of fun being here in St. George. I really miss seeing all my family down here, and watching them grow. I swear, there are new little people every time I see you St. Georgians. And I have to gloat because I got to see all of the new cute babies before almost anyone else from up north! Bwahaha!

P.S. The wedding photography went well. :D I like the results and am overall really happy with everything I've done and learned.

1 comment:

Linds said...

I fully support you copying my blog ideas. especially because I'm often copying them from someone else. although...I can take full credit for this one!