Monday, October 13, 2008

Toasties!

That, my friends, is what they call grilled cheese sandwiches in New Zealand. And that has absolutely nothing to do with today's post, but it's what popped into my head as I was thinking up a title. Yeah, sometimes I wonder how my brain works, too.

So, I have stopped being overly-nauseas every morning, and only get somewhat nauseas at random times during the day. I have, however, developed some headaches and fatigue, and yesterday I could not feel some of my fingers. Haha! But I think that has more to do with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, which I suspect I may have. But anyway, some of you have been expressing worry for me, and I appreciate your concern, but I want you to know that I am doing much much better and am perfectly fine. :D

Oooh and it was so nice and cozy when I woke up this morning, since we have had fires going in our wood-burning stove since Friday/Saturday. Oh! And we got the sod put in our yard Saturday, so it actually looks like - guess what - a yard! It's so pretty. I'm very excited about it. So is the rest of the family. :D

So, I have this friend who basically ran away from home, but it was when she was 19 or so, so I don't know if it can be considered running away ... anyway, she is having a baby today, which is a wonderful thing, but I am very worried about it, since this is her second child, and her first child she neglected to the point of having him legally taken away from her. She moved back here and is living with her mother I believe, so I hope that will do them good, because I would hate to see the same thing happen to this baby. I know she's a good person, but it broke my heart to hear about what happened to her first son, and I know her and her boyfriend/husband (not sure they ever got married) have it in them to do better. I think it's best that she has her mother with her now, and hopefully she can get motivated to do her best for her family. I'd like to go see her sometimes, so pray that I can help somehow.

Ok so...I just got a call from my mother, and she has told me that I no longer want or need to get married and have a family, and that I am going to stay with her forever, or become a hermit (the original plan). I told her I might disagree, but she said I won't, so it looks like I will not be getting married ever, and I will work all day, every day, since I will have no further obligations, and retire early and buy an island or a mountain and there live out the rest of my days in fierce solitude and probably raise chickens, cows and the like. Apparently for real now. Because my mother says so. We are going to "fool the fates", as she said. Since, you know, my Patriarchal blessing says I will have a husband and children. Just to let you all know, when I disappear, that's what I will be up to. Raising chickens in a remote center of the world. *pout* Thinking about that as a real possibility kind of makes me sad. I think I would rather do the "date one man every day for a month" thing that my mom dreamed about, lol. I just might write a book about my adventures in dating. I could fill up a book with that. It might even give hope to the female population who thinks that their dating experiences couldn't be worse or weirder. Haha.

4 comments:

kyle said...

We should be hermits together (well, I guess we could be on neighboring mountains or something)!

On Boy Meets World, Eric becomes a hermit and marries a moose, if that idea is any of use to you... =)

(And your book on dating could be your "manifesto.")

Teresa said...

I TOLD you that I really desperately want you to get married and have babies, but that hasn't exactly worked too well. Ergo, I have decided I will pretend the OPPOSITE. Then maybe - just maybe - you will get lucky. Not that you need luck. Whatever guy you eventually end up with will be the luckiest dude in the world--no, the universe! But I am convinced that I have cursed you. It is all my fault. I'm so very, very sorry. *sniff*

Linds said...

I don't know about the dating stories thing, I just recently got a pretty good one. the short version goes like this: he called me and left a voicemail asking me out, then texted me soon after to make sure I got it. I told him I had plans (which I did-Body Worlds!). next morning, he texts me again to ask for my sister's number to ask her out. EEEWWW!!!! (I didn't give it to him)

Teresa said...

Heather--ask Lindsay if I can use her story in my book. Or if WE can use it in OUR book! Because I think it should be a collaboration. We can even use some of my horror stories from my dating life. Boy, am I glad that crap's all over!