Monday, October 27, 2008

Rantrantrant...Rant!

Lookit!



Kind of a crappy picture, but see how cute it is?! I got it Thursday. There are six heads, so I don't know if I should give it one or six names...haha

This weekend was an interesting one - I'm trying to think of a word that would describe it, but I've got nothing. I went shopping with a guy friend who insisted on picking out clothes for me, then taking me to a mirror and telling me how the lines and shapes accentuated my curves. Oh, it was strange, and yet very amusing. The Kohl's employees got a kick out of him. And he's straight, by the way. And there's nothing between us. Haha

Then I had a date that was fun, but a little disappointing. And to top it off I now have a date with a different guy who I don't really want to go out with at all. I'm disappointed already, and I haven't even gone on the date yet.

Stop. Rant time.

You know, people always tell me that I need to give guys a chance. I do. I believe that everyone deserves a chance, and I'm willing to go on a date with almost anyone because I know that what you see is not always what you get. But on the occasion that I don't feel anything for them after that date, and don't want to continue going out with them, I'm sometimes told that I need to give them another chance. Why should I? When I get stuck going out with someone who doesn't respect me and my wishes at all, and who keeps throwing himself into business that isn't his, (It happens with me a lot more than you'd think) I'm not going to play the pleasant and docile female. I'm not old-fashioned. I don't want people telling me I'm too severe or harsh anymore, because in all reality, I'm not. If I'm going to try my best at being the most awesome wife that I can be, I sure as heck am not going to lower my standards one bit to be rewarded with anything less than an amazing husband. I haven't found what I want yet in anyone that I've dated so far, so please do not criticize me because I refuse to be unhappy. It's my life, and if I never get married here on Earth, that's fine. I know I can provide for myself. And I'm still doing what I should be doing, so I have no reason to be afraid of being alone for eternity. Don't get me wrong - I want to get married and have a family, but I'm young and I've got plenty of time, so I'm willing to wait until I find the perfect man for me, and if any people think I'm being unrealistic, they're wrong.

Thanks, and have a nice day!

No comments: