Monday, October 20, 2008

The Smell of Victory and an Irritated Coworker

Today my coworker/prank victim asked me if I was the one who "messed up" his computer. He was referring to the time I print screened his desktop and set it as his desktop background, then removed all his desktop icons and placed them in a folder marked "Hey Chris". So technically, yes, it was me. I did this a week or two ago, but he never said anything about it until now. The conversation today went something like this:

Chris: ...it's been harder since the icons on my desktop won't work. Heather, are you the one who did this?
Heather: Did what?
C: Put this folder marked "Hey Chris". I have to go into it to get to my icons, since the ones on my desktop won't work. I've had to deal with this for a while, it's annoying.
H: I don't understand what you are saying the problem is. Your icons don't work?
C: Yeah, I think you did it.
H: No, I didn't.
C: Do you promise you didn't do it?
H: *pause* Chris, what makes you think I would do something like that to you? (I never promised I didn't. :D )
C: You're the only one who knows stuff like this.
H: Accounting is full of clever people. But thank you.
C: Your uncle is the I.T. manager.
H: My uncle won't teach me squat.
C: Can you fix it though?
H: ....Sure. I can come take a look at it.

Basically I'm gonna keep doing this until he figures out who it is. He probably doesn't care though. Like I said before - I think he likes the attention.

I need to finish my Halloween costume soon or else I won't have it done in time. I want to be a pirate, but I have my standards. I don't want my costume to look cheap, and I don't want to look whoreish. That's a problem, because most of the pirate stuff nowadays is both cheap and whoreish. I wanted to make it all myself, but I don't have the time, nor the talent. If anyone has anything that would help, I would be greatly appreciative, whether it be somewhere you know that has good pirate accessories or clothes, or somewhere I can find something to alter to the point that it looks piratey. I'll probably be taking a trip to the DI today. :D Yesssss good ol' DI.

1 comment:

kyle said...

Haha, that's a great idea, Heather, making him think the icons aren't working. I never would have thought of that! I wonder if I would figure it out if it were done to me...

I went to DI the other day with my roommate and his friend, but couldn't buy anything because I have no money. Is it sad that I don't even have enough money to purchase from DI? Probably...