Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why I'm Doomed: Part I

I just realized something about myself: Every time I walk out of the bathroom at work and make my way down the hall to my desk, I subconsciously tug on my right earlobe. I will never know why, unless I go to a psychologist and have it analyzed, but that will never, ever happen.
Also, whenever I simply enter a certain restroom on the north side of the building, I am immediately reminded of My Little Ponies. This, however, I have an explanation for: the smell. The air freshener had that vanilla-plastic smell that seemed to be a staple of all toys made in the 80s. While that air freshener has long been replaced, I still get that memory of my childhood forced into my head by that bathroom. How funny is that?

I have to express my extreme pleasure in the fact that someone from one of our branches was here today and actually came to meet me! She had a snack for us note custodians too! I was so happy, because my small (two person) department is often overlooked and forgotten, which can be a good or a sad thing, depending on the vistor, of course. But in general, I like to put faces to the names I am constantly emailing as well as the next person, so today was mark-on-my-calendar-worthy. Except that I did not mark it on my calendar.

And how's this for dumb - I think I would like to keep my illustration major. I went just about full-circle there. But if making my life harder is wrong, then I don't want to be right. Wait...

P.S. I named this post "Part I" because I'm quite sure that there will be other instances made aware in this journal that will only further explain why I'm doomed. Call it a precaution, if you will.

1 comment:

Ry and Heather said...

LOL Heather you are so funny! I used to get crazy memories when I worked at the bank! I totally relate...maybe it's out names?