Thursday, November 13, 2008

Of Books and Music

Yesterday I read Of Mice and Men. Great book, but definitely not what I expected. But once I think about it, I don't really know what most classics are about. Catcher in the Rye was totally different than what I imagined, because I didn't know a thing about it. I'm sure most of the books on my list will be the same. I'm still excited to read them though. There's something addicting about those kind of books - the honesty, the irony, the hopes, dreams and failures. An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge is like that. I like a happy ending, but I remember an honest one. Anyway, I'm thinking For Whom The Bell Tolls next. :D

And I just found the neatest indie band I've heard in a long time. Katzenjammer. Check them out, I dare you. http://obscuresound.com/ They're the last band on the page.

I kind of like Rockettothesky and Peter Moore as well. 3rd page. That is a very good blog. :D

No comments: