Friday, November 21, 2008

It's All About Werewolves Anyway

Here we go. The day of dread. Utter defensive vampiric dread. I'm going to get it all out of my system now so that when every woman in my workplace gangs up on me for being practically the only female here who isn't enraptured by those books, I can keep all my clever insults inside and not get mauled by the wannabe undead cheerleading squad. No, I did NOT go see the Twilight movie at midnight, nor will I consider paying good money to go see it until it hits the dollar theater. Then I'll think about it. I really have nothing against the Twilight series, but what I do think is that it was grossly over-exaggerated. It's kind of sad to me when a book as uninteresting to me as Twilight (Sorry Twilight lovers! Really, I am.) gets a ridiculously huge amount of recognition, when amazing books of a much higher caliber go unnoticed and ignored. That's really my only thing. I can totally understand how people can love a book with little plot or action that's made up with an overindulgence of romance. Romances are great, just not for me. Please don't hate me. :D

Aaaaaaaand I just remembered that I was supposed to bring green onions for the potluck today, so I will be ending this post short.

1 comment:

Ry and Heather said...

LOL you know I felt the exact same way BEFORE I read the books. I think that's the thing...I went into these books thinking how HORRIBLE they were going to be so I ended up REALLY liking them! But I don't like Bella one bit! I like Alice and Edward and Jacob...but yeah if you go in thinking they're really bad i think you end up really liking them!