Wednesday, December 3, 2008

You'll Never Believe It!!!

I went to see Twilight. That's right. Twiiiiilllliiiiiight. I figured it couldn't be worse than the book - they can't cut any plotlines, (there weren't many to begin with! Bwahaha) so most of the excess romance would be cut, right? Well, yes, that is true. But I still laughed at the cheesiness of the movie. (Sorry guys, I tried!) Many people said that you couldn't really feel how much Bella and Edward were in love, and I do agree with that, and I didn't believe any of the actors really were the people I had read in the book, except Alice, Jacob and Jessica. (Carlisle was NOTHING like I had pictured - I was so devastated!) The sparkling was cheesey, the lines were cheesey, and overall, I thought the movie was cheesey. I don't know if I would feel that way had I not read the book - I probably would have liked it a little better. But all in all, I didn't have high hopes for it, and I was still disappointed. :( What a bummer.

I'm very anxious right now. I'm nearing the end of my book, A Game of Thrones, and I'm going crazy! They killed my favorite character, (I shouldn't be surprised, but I really thought he was going to live!) and he didn't even die nobly! He died in treachery and young, stupid arrogance! I'm so angry, I cannot even begin to express it - only that I'm hoping his family gets their vengeance! My friend told me it ends well (a major cliffhanger, but well just the same) and basically that they get what's coming to them, so I can't wait to get to it!

I'm also registering for some more classes in the spring. I'm so happy - it's been almost a year since I've gone to school and I really miss it. I'm also thinking of getting a job at UPS because they pay for school and have hours that would work with my schedule. Pray that I can find something!

Thanksgiving was good - I didn't get to make the rolls, but I was also in charge of family portraits. It was funny, I was outside for probably about an hour with bare feet, taking pictures, and I didn't even realize until I got inside that my feet were numb. :D What a doofus. But I got some good posing practice, and I think I did a pretty good job. Maybe I'll post some of the pics.

The girls in my family made cookies over the weekend as well! It was so much fun; it invited the Christmas spirit and the cookies were so yummeh! Tierney made the dough all by herself (used the Kitchen Aid and everything!) she's getting really good. I'll post the pictures we were taking for that also. And if I can get some from from my cousin of the Twilight outing. :D

So, I get to decorate a tree! I have had Christmas tree decorations for a few years and this year my parents said we can set up two trees, and I get one for my decorations! I'm so excited! I'll post pictures of that too! Pics all around!

2 comments:

Linds said...

yes! yes! post pics!! I'm hopefully going to post my photo II final project tomorrow and you'd better comment on them....haha. ;)

kyle said...

I love pictures! Pics all around!

Posing practice, that's what I need. I've only had one 'model shoot' and it was an eye-opener... and unfortunately the camera battery ran out before we were done (I was using a borrowed p&s camera, but it was nice). Tonight I may get some more, though, so we'll see how it all goes.

I was actually looking at a job at UPS, too. Great minds think alike...