Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Have It

I have what I need to proceed with my Christmas prank. XD

Ah, the splendor and fast-paced season that is Christmas. The time of the year most often spent visiting loved ones, making cookies and candies, decorating, singing, and reminiscing of Christmases past. What I am trying to say, is that I think I'm going to have to buy gifts for my friends and family, instead of making them like I planned, since I am running dangerously low on time. I think I will finish making them and just give them away when they are done. It will be a bit on the spontaneous side I think, but that's become a thing to be expected when it comes to me, so I'm not really worried.

Today I finished my book and passed it on to my coworker. I recommend it. Some of you are probably aware of my infatuation with Mr. Darcy, so the book I was reading, An Assembly Such As This, would be no surprise. It's the Pride & Prejudice story from Mr. Darcy's point of view. Pamela Aidan does a pretty good job of keeping the language in the proper era, as well as keeping with the story, but making it different enough to keep readers familiar with P&P interested. It's a Trilogy, so I'm off for the second book. But in the meantime, I will be reading Paradise Lost.

So I think I would like the Canon 40D digital camera. It's very nice. 10.1 megapixels, tilt correction, dust reduction....phwoar, I want this camera bad. Hopefully I will be able to afford it after the holidays. :D

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ooooh! New camera! Only in my dreams do I have the most awesome camera.

I think that would be an interesting read...I might read it after the stack of book on my "to read" pile.

kyle said...

Haha, I love hearing about your pranks. Please do tell how it turns out!

Paradise Lost is on my (ever-growing) list of books to read. I'm not quite done with The Return of the King yet and after that it's either Walden (Thoreau) or The Four Loves (C.S. Lewis).

40D would be nice. What do you have right now? I just got the XSi and love it! There aren't a great many differences between the two, and I can personally recommend the XSi... if that makes any difference in your pocketbook (you could have more $$ for lenses, which I hear is where the $$ should really be spent). Here are two comparisons I found between the two...