Thursday, December 17, 2009

Trebuchet, Bold and Gray

I had my final Final yesterday! I love school and everything, but I was soooo glad to get this semester done and over with. It was just too much with work and music and everything. I have too much for this next year that I am going to focus on - writing music, designing clothing, my trip to the U.K., my own photography, etc. - so I probably won't be going back to school for a while. I have finally come to terms with myself and the fact that I don't function the same as everyone else, so I'm just going to do things my way, even if it takes me forever to do it.

I'm looking at my fingernails and how long they are, and it makes me happy at first, because my hands don't look half so manly as they do when my nails are short, but then I look at them more and it makes me sad, because it means that I haven't played guitar in a long time. Granted, I have had lots of school stuff to work on, but I really should make more of an effort to find time to play.

I got a free Christmas tree! I really liked the real tree I had last year, but having a real tree is pretty much a mistake if you have cats. Like I do. Of course, cats will climb any tree, whether real or fake, but real trees means hundreds of pine needles all over the floor with every mad antic of a cat. So a coworker gave me a fake tree for free! Apparently she changes her tree every year and has too many. It's a slimline, but I really like it. I haven't noticed any broken or missing ornaments, and I haven't caught a glimpse of a cat dragging off one of my feathered birds either, which is huge.

And now, for your viewing pleasure- Since it's been so long and you are feeling so deprived, here are some photographs I took for school on SLC urban minimalism. Enjoy.


P.S. any of you folk who live near Magna (or who would take a trip to Magna for an excellent reason such as this), I suggest you visit the Kiwi Bakery. New Zealand food. Oh delicious. Eat there. Just do it.

3 comments:

Linds said...

I really like the second picture!!

Lindsay said...

I really like the pictures! I am so glad you have posted after what seems like ages. I need to update my own. *sniff*

P.S. Have a Merry Christmas, and I hope nothing bad happens to your new tree. :)

Heather Atkinson said...

Thanks ladies!! :D